Hey everybody!!! I'm excited to start a blog!!! Hope you enjoy it!!!! :)

Friday, January 28, 2011

Gregory and Me!!!

So I decided it would be awesome to write about how I met my wonderful amazing husband. I love him so much!!

We met when I was a freshman at OSU. It was the single's ward halloween dance. I didn't have a halloween costume so I just wore a black shirt with skinny jeans and these crazy light up black and orange halloween socks. I showed up and was just wandering about feeling out of place when I saw some guy dressed in a Navy uniform. Ohhh snap I thought what on earth do those strips mean? I was in the Navy Nurse Corp and was wracking my brain to remember if it was a Petty Officer 1st class or 2nd class. When I felt confident I went up and talked to him. It was the best friend of my future hubby. After talking a bit he introduced me to Greg. He was wearing a white t-shirt and all sweaty from dancing. Gross. It's so funny to think about now. Greg was an awesome dancer. We danced a couple of dances and I found out he was a return missionary that could speak spanish. He promised me that he would take me out dancing. Ha he never took me out!! I didn't hear from him again until January!!!

I had gone on a couple of dates with Greg's friend and was really liking him. I remember one night before FHE I was starving so I decided to go to Grinders for a pizza. I was walking down the sidewalk freezing by butt off when I say Greg and his friend. I made a big point to smile real big at Greg's friend. They told me to look at the girl working in grinders. I guess she had some crazy hair style of something. Greg thought it was ugly but his friend thought it was cute and they wanted to know my opinion when I made it back to the church. I thought her hair cut was alright, but I would never shave half my head. At FHE, Greg sat next to me instead of him. Ohhh I couldn't understand why Greg was sitting next to me!!! lol. I guess I kindof gave Greg the cold shoulder. After FHE, Greg and his friend wanted to go to a movie with me but I didn't have money so I copped out. Greg walked me to my car and it was one of those akward goodbyes. lol. I got in my car to drive away and I had a flat tire!!! I went back into the church and the guys were very nice at getting a donut on for me. Greg's friend wanted me to text him when I got home to make sure I got there safe. I remember that made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. hahaha.

Well Greg's friend moved to Arizona. I remember how it broke my heart. I was talking to him on facebook and he was asking if anybody was taking me on dates. And I was like nobody has the guts to ask me out at singles ward, they are all to busy with school, blah blah blah. He told me one of his buddy's likes me and wants to take me out on a date. I remember telling him to tell his friend that he needs to quote 'grow some balls and ask me out himself'. Greg's friend told me he have Greg my number and thought that I wouldn't mind. I didn't. I didn't hear from Greg until later that month. It was a Sunday and I had left church early to see this other guy. Well this other guy was a reject and stood me up for our lunch date. I was sitting in my car and got this call from an unknown number. I didn't pick up but listened to what had to have been a 5 minute message from a Gregory Sanders. I had no idea who this was. But he was asking if I wanted to go to brownies at the Barneys and that he got my number off of a buddy and that he hoped I'd give him a call back. It was a very long message. I had to listen to it like three times so I could get his number. (His number is still saved in my phone as Gregory Sanders lol) So I called this Gregory Sanders back and told him  I was free and would love to go to Brownies at the Barney's.

It was an excited afternoon as I was getting ready for this blind date!! I remember telling my Grandma that I had no idea who this guy was but he was going to take me to a church thing and that he was a guy from church so it must be alright. Greg had to keep calling me to figure out how to get to my house. I was getting excited!! He came to the door and rang the doorbell. My heart was skipping a beat. I told Grandma 'this must be him'. I opened the door and there he was. My Greg. We talked and talked and talked. I don't even remember what about now, but I remember that it felt like we had known eachother forever. I remember laughing and having such a good time. At Brownies at the Barney's, I remember posing for a picture. I put my arm around Greg and he put his arm around me and it was the weirdest feeling. I gave him a squeeze thinking that he would like that. We went around and talked to the other people there but we always met back up at the brownies and talk. It really was the best date ever.

I guess the rest is history. We say eachother every day after that. Our first kiss was on Tuesday. hahahaha. Greg had only kissed one other girl after he had got off his mission. I guess he was really out of practice. It was awesome that we got our first kiss together, but it was a really gross kiss. hahahhaaa. Well we got engaged in April and were married in August. In September we found out we were pregnant, four weeks pregnant!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment