Hey everybody!!! I'm excited to start a blog!!! Hope you enjoy it!!!! :)

Thursday, March 10, 2011

Crying It Out

Ohh my goodness. So me and my husband have trying to figure out what to do with our dear sweet baby when it comes to bedtime. She ended up sleeping in our bed when she was four months old when she was teething. It was nice then because I was able to sleep longer and didn't have to get up in the middle of the night to grab her out of the crib. But as she got bigger and more wiggly, our full size bed seemed to get smaller and smaller. It became impossible to sleep at night. Between making sure she didn't roll out of our bed to fighting for space with my husband who loves to sleep all sprawled out, I didn't sleep anymore. I couldn't fall asleep or stay asleep. Nevaeh had to leave our bed.
When we moved out, I decided we would make a change. We set up our bed and put up a co sleeper in hopes that she would just sleep on her side. It didn't happen. The first night she slept just fine. The second night she sleeped on the crack between the two beds. And finally on the third night she was back in our bed. Yumkin was tired of it and demanded that Nevaeh get out of our bed. So we set up the crib, and waited to put her in it. I just couldn't even imagen letting her cry it out. But at nine months and me being at the brink of exhaustion, she needed to be in her own bed. She needed to fall asleep on her own, put herself back asleep and stay asleep.
 We started on tuesday. I would be at basketball from 9 to 11. Yumkin would take the first shift. And wouldn't you know it, that little stinker didn't make a fuss or a peep the whole entire time I was at basketball, but as soon as I came home she started to cry. She didn't cry long which was a huge relief and we slept pretty good. Last night she cried alittle longer but I at least had my hunnybun to play phase 10 with and keep me from running back in the bed room to pick her up and hug her and tell her how much mommy loves her and put her back in our bed. Tonight she cried and cried and cried. It broke my heart. I hate it!  Every time I would check on her she would just cry harder. It took her about an hour to fall back asleep. I went in and checked on her and saw her slumped over her little blue moo cow clinging to it fast asleep. I felt like the worst mom in the whole entire world. I am horrible. She prob feels so alone. I hate it!!! How do I get our dear sweet baby to sleep in her own bed and to stay asleep the whole night. We tried to do it gradually but nothing works. I love her so much. I don't know if I can survive another night of this. Please please sleep my baby...

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job guys, it totally sux having to let them cry it out...but by 9 months she should DEFINITELY be sleeping on her own. I might make one suggestion, make sure that she goes to bed with a FULL tummy. My doctor suggested with Rylee giving her a small bowl of rice cereal before bedtime and that kept her fuller longer. Unfortunately, you'll have to just let her cry it out until she falls asleep but turn off the monitor and just sleep. It's more hard on the parents I think than the kiddos...hang in there; you're doing GREAT!!!

    ReplyDelete